*Special Order only until Fall 2016 inventory arrives
18" x 48" Solar Thermal Air Heater
Product Code: SIS25M1848 (Interior Use)
- Allows for 50% of outside light to pass through into the room
- For single pane windows only.
- Ideal for space under 150 sq. ft.
- Under good winter sun conditions, up to 20 degrees F (11 degrees C) may be added to the ambient temperature in the room with a maximum air flow from the solar fan of 75 CFM
- Quiet solar powered recirculating fan distributes heated air and has adjustable speed control knob
- 12 Volt / 20 Watt photovoltaic panel provides plenty of solar energy to power the fan
- Easy to install - Sit the panel on the interior window sill or hang from the window header using the included hardware.
- Size = 18" x 48" x 2" thick
- Optional easel stand available to purchase separately.
- 1 Year Manufacturers Warranty
A revolutionary new thermal technology is now available to heat air - this is a game changing development for the portable heating category. This is not photovoltaic, the unit transfers the sun’s radiant energy directly into heated air. The Solar Heater is designed to be a supplementary heating system to existing residential heat sources but may also be used as the primary heat source in many smaller applications such as the cabin, workshop, garage, animal shelter, green house, boat, RV etc. A unit, placed in an unobstructed sunny, south facing window made of single pane glass can provide supplementary heating and air circulation for a room up to 10' X 15'.
Using the sun’s infrared rays and convection, this heater reduces energy cost by adding to the existing building heat system during daylight hours. Weighing only 11lbs, the Solar Heater is a compact 20" wide x 48" tall and a slender 2" deep. A 72CFM solar powered fan provides air circulation to distribute the heat and reduce humidity.
- Free heat is provided by the sun for at least 20 years
- Zero carbon footprint, a green product that does not consume fossil fuels, only the sun’s energy
- Solar powered 50,000 hour fan provides air circulation and helps reduce humidity / mildew
- Made with safety in mind with fire proof polycarbonate
- Translucent – 50% of the natural light still passes through into the room
- A 7-Watt mono crystal P/V panel powers the convection air and allows some performance under cloudy conditions
- Portable – simply stands or mounts on the inside of a south facing window
Note: Thermo pane windows adversely effect the performance as they block a portion of the infrared energy. For this reason we recommend this model primarily for single pane window applications. For double pane windows we recommend the 50MM series (#SIS50M2448) which also preforms well under cloudy conditions.