*OUT OF STOCK*
CURRENTLY NO ETA
Please read the Free Shipping Policy before ordering.
Please read all documents and manuals before lighting your first fire!
Please Note: The Hunter is a recreational device and should only be used in temporary installation. Please read the owners manual before ordering which can be found HERE.
It's sturdy steel construction allows you to warm up and cook on top of the unit. Easily transportable on an ATV, it can follow you on each of your hunting or fishing expeditions. The Hunter gives you the autonomy and comfort you need.
Avoiding overheating: As a portable wood stove, the HUNTER does not come with refractory firebricks. Although not required for operation, it is recommended to install firebrick on the bottom of the firebox. Even if the firebrick does not fit perfectly on the bottom, leaving spaces between each brick, it will help protect your firebox and increase its useful life. Firebrick can be added to your order by selecting that option above.
Solid Fuel: Your stove is designed to burn wood only; no other combustible should be burnt. Waste and other flammable material should not be burnt in your stove. Any type of wood may be used in your stove, but specific species have better energy yields than others. The vast majority of the problems related to the operation of a wood stove are caused by the fact that the wood used is too damp.
These problems can be:
- Ignition problems
- Creosote build-up causing chimney fires
- Low energy yield
- Incomplete log combustion.
Before your first fire:
- Make sure that the chimney and flue pipe are well installed according to the manufacturer’s specifications.
- Respect all clearances to combustible material and floor protection requirements mentioned in this manual.
Ignition: After making sure that the stove air intake control is fully open, place several rumpled sheets of paper in the center of the combustion chamber. Place 8 to 10 pieces of small dry kindling wood over the paper in the form of a tent. You may also place a few pieces of heating wood, but choose them as little as possible. No chemical liquid (or accelerant) should be used to light the fire.- Exclusive to recreational use (ice fishing hut, prospector tent)
- Do not leave the stove unattended when the door is slightly opened.
- When the stove is used for the first time, intense fire is prohibited in order to allow adequate curing of the paint covering the stove and to prevent a "thermal shock" which may remove or whiten the paint.
- Make sure the area where the stove is located is well ventilated, to remove the bad odours emitted from the paint, during the first, two or three hours of using the stove and for the first three or four fire start-ups.
- Never use chemical liquids to ignite the fire.
- Do not burn waste, flammable fluids such as gasoline, naphtha or motor oil.
- - Exclusive to recreational use (ice fishing hut, prospector tent)
- - 20’’ logs
- - 2 ft³ firebox volume
- - Shipping weight: 56 pounds
- - Possible to cook on top of the appliance
- - Proudly made in Québec
Still have questions? Call us anytime: 1-844-603-4743
We gladly accept most unused and unopened merchandise for a full refund within 30 days of purchase (see exceptions below). Simply return the complete product to us in its clean original packaging, accompanied with the original proof of purchase or receipt. Note that the buyer is responsible for return shipping costs.
Unused items with open boxes within 30 days of purchase will be subject to a 10% restocking fee. These items must be returned in the original packaging with all accessories.
Special-order merchandise is not returnable. Non-refundable items also include: Used toilets, cleaning or clothing products, hammocks, Coghlans, Aquatabs, and other items as specified Batteries of any kind are not returnable. This includes but is not limited to all flooded acid, sealed/AGM, or LiFePO4 batteries. There are no exceptions*
*It is not possible to measure or guarantee with certainty that a battery has been unused once it has left our warehouse. Accepting a battery return and then reselling to other customers with the presumption of it being unused is not a practice we follow.
All merchandise is subject to the manufactures warranty and will be repaired or replaced as per the manufactures directions. The Cabin Depot™ is a retail business and we do not employ installers. However, we are very happy to assist customers having issues with any products purchased by reaching out to the manufacturer on the customers behalf if needed to help expedite the troubleshooting or warranty process.
The Cabin Depot Ltd. is a retail business exclusively and accepts no liability for DIY installations or equipment selection. It is the customers responsibility to read the manufacturers manuals and installation instructions carefully, ensure all local, provincial, or national building codes are met, and contact a qualified installer or tradesperson if required.
The Cabin Depot™ is pleased to offer free shipping on select items, and adheres to the following policy:
- Free shipping applies to standard residential or business addresses only. Remote locations are excluded, see below for examples.
- Smaller parcel orders will ship by USPS, FedEx, UPS, or similar.
- Larger palletized orders such as wood stoves, appliances, batteries, Cinderella incineration toilets, and solar panels will ship by reputable 3rd party trucking companies with residential liftgate and appointment services included.
- Tracking information will be uploaded to our website as soon as it becomes available, at which time customers will receive a notification and can track their order progress. Note that some gmail or hotmail users may have our confirmations misidentified as spam, so we suggest checking your junk folder before contacting us.
- The Cabin Depot™ uses 3rd party carriers and trucking companies, therefore cannot guarantee exact delivery dates under any circumstances. Customers with specific delivery date requirements should contact our shipping department who can review available options.
- Our shipments leave our dock in perfect condition. The carrier or trucking company is fully responsible to deliver orders damage-free and are fully responsible for any delayed or lost shipments.
- Due to increasing fuel and operating costs, trucking companies are now charging additional fees to deliver to some locations in the USA which unfortunately may not be covered under our free shipping policy. The Cabin Depot™ reserves the right to notify the customer of any additional shipping or handling charges if necessary to deliver to the address provided. If notified of any additional charges, the customer has the right to modify or cancel the order for a full refund.
DELIVERY TO REMOTE LOCATIONS
Our shipping team have managed deliveries to some of the most remote locations in North America. If you live in a remote location, we encourage you to contact us before placing your order so we can review delivery options with you in advance of your purchase.
For any questions regarding this shipping policy or quotes please contact us:
Call: 1-844-603-4743 and select option #2