EVOLUTION Series Inverter/Charger
Introducing the new EVOLUTION Series Inverter/Charger by Samlex America. Using state of the art technology, the Samlex EVO inverter/charger is a Pure Sine Wave Inverter, Adaptive Battery Charger, Two Input Transfer Relay - All in ONE unit. Samlex inverter/chargers are robust, reliable and affordable for everyone.
The EVO-4024 is a 4000 Watt Pure Sine inverter, 24 VDC input, 120 VAC output, 50/60 Hz. It intelligently integrates a 110 Amp 4 stage Battery Charger and a 70 Amp Transfer Relay into an advanced and affordable off-grid power solution.
- Two separate AC inputs – one for grid (priority #1), one for generator (priority #2), connect simultaneously, no need to reconfigure when different power sources are available.
- Generator Input is specifically designed to have more tolerance for wave form distortion, prevents unnecessary “rejection of AC input and switch to inverter” by tolerating distorted wave forms that can be produced by gritty generators
- Each AC input is programmable for voltage and frequency. User determines what the min and max thresholds are to switch from Grid or Generator to Inverter.
- Generator start can be initiated by “Status Relay” contact, can be programmed to activate when grid is lost.
- Connect a solar charge controller directly to the EVOTM though the Battery Charger external DC Input, seamlessly integrates solar charging into the EVO’s power system.
- ONLINE Mode can be used to prioritize Batteries/Inverter over the grid, ideal for those wishing to operate primarily on solar power (when the grid is available, but might be costly).
- 3 or 4 stage charging with Equalization (must be manually initiated).
- Adaptive algorithm is used during Bulk to assess the condition of the battery. Subsequent stages are then based on the condition of the battery rather than pre-set time periods for Absorption and Float. Prevents unnecessary charging, extends the life of batteries.
- Programmable – set battery voltage thresholds to initiate charging.
- Zero transfer time when switching from Inverter to Grid. When grid comes on, the inverter synchronizes with the wave form and then transfers instantly at zero crossing.
- <16ms transfer when going from Grid to Inverter. When grid is lost, the transfer relay switches to inverter at the correct place in the wave form, the transfer takes less than 16ms.
Surge Capacity (Power Boost)
- The EVOTM has 3X surge power
- Additionally, the EVOTM has large power overload allowances available for long periods of time. Increased inverter capacity means you can size your inverter smaller to handle heavy surge loads, reducing costs.
- The EVOTM operates at 165 million instructions per second producing lightning fast load and response times
- The EVOTM is practically indestructible. It has “Bullet-Proof Intelligence” in the form of 9 physical points of protection monitoring being scanned up to 10,000 times per second for adverse conditions. The EVOTM will detect fault conditions and initiate a healthy shutdown before any product damage can be done.
- The EVO-RC remote control (sold separately) can be used to capture detailed EVOTM performance data. Records all detected faults and the conditions leading up to them. Data is stored on a removable 16GB SD Card (in the remote). Use data to analyze trends for more efficient use of system resources
- The EVOTM uses five temperature sensors placed throughout the unit to determine operation of 2 speed controlled cooling fans. Reduces unnecessary fan noise and energy consumption by only running when and where the fans are needed.
Pure sine wave: Provide clean, stable power for computers, radio equipment, home theaters and other applications that are sensitive to AC voltage irregularity.
Two Separate AC Inputs for Grid and Generator: Connect Grid and Generator simultaneously without use of an external transfer relay. Priority is given to Grid. Both AC input ranges are fully programmable.
Active Power Boost: Get 3X Surge on start up, 140% for 30 seconds or 120% for 5 minutes! Use a smaller, lower cost inverter to handle heavy surge loads.
Conformally Coated Circuit Board: Dampens vibration, protects from corrosion in high humidity environments or marine salt air.
Adaptive Battery Charger: Algorithm monitoring in the Bulk Stage assesses the condition of the battery being charged and adjusts the remain stages based off that assessment, rather than pre-set charging times. This minimizes excessive charging time and extends life of battery.
Input for Solar Charge Controller: Seamlessly integrate your solar system into the EVO by connecting a solar charge controller directly to the EVO through the Battery Charger External DC Input.
Bullet Proof Intelligence: 9 physical points of protection monitoring are scanned up to 10,000 times per second to detect adverse internal and external conditions. When detected, the unit will initiate a healthy shutdown and turn itself off before any damage can be done.
Optional Remote Control w/ Data Logging: The EVO-RC remote control (sold separately) can accept a 16GB SD card to log historic power consumption, inverter functionality, battery charging activity, faults and the conditions leading up to them. Use the remote to program parameters and view performance details in real time.
Safety Certified: ETL safety listed to stringent UL standards: 1741, 458, and to CSA C22.2 No. 107.1-01 EMI/EMC compliant with FCC Part 15(B), Class B and RoHS Compliant.
Wide Operating Temperature Range: Will operate below zero! -20°C to 60°C, -4°F to 140°F.
Temperature Controlled Cooling: 2 internal fans are speed controlled based on 5 different temperature sensors, reduces fan noise and energy consumption.
Online Mode: Prioritizes the inverter over the grid to drive the AC output and uses the grid as back-up power only when the batteries necessitate charge.
Remote Control (EVO-RC). Use the LCD remote to program parameters and view performance details in real time, as well as log performance details.
For use with Alternative Energy Systems, trucks, boats, RVs, cabins, remote locations, areas with unreliable utility power and for emergency power back-up. Upgrade your current system with this all in one unit. Connect utility power and generator at the time same time, removing the additional transfer relay required with other inverter/charger systems. With superior protection features, input for solar charge controller, optional remote with data logging, and high surge rating you can experience the Evolution.